Save and Sound
Save and Sound is an oral history and heritage project that has been set up by the Credit Union Foundation to make sure that the early days of credit unions in Britain are not forgotten.
The project is funded by the National Lottery Heritage Fund and has been made possible by money raised by National Lottery players.
The project held its official launch on International Credit Union Day 2020. If you missed it, you can view it here.
By collecting and sharing the unique personal memories of a diverse range of credit union pioneers, and hosting a variety of events, Save and Sound will help many more people learn about the history and heritage of British credit unions.
We are now looking for people who will be interested in telling their story, or volunteering as an interviewer or digital volunteer.
You can find out more about volunteer roles here – and learn more about contributing your memories here.
We will be sharing more information soon about other ways you can get involved and activities that will take place while Covid-19 restrictions are still in place.
If you have any questions, or would like to be added to the Save and Sound mailing list please contact Abbie Shelton at email@example.com
Save and Sound will:
- Provide training to volunteers in oral history techniques and support them to carry out least 40 interviews across the north of England
- Create a brand-new website, to host interview clips, photos and other material collected from credit unions and digitised by volunteers.
- Hold events where people can share memories and learn more about credit union heritage.
- Create a toolkit to enable similar projects to be carried out in other parts of England, Scotland and Wales.
- The interviews will become part of the national oral history collection cared for by the British Library where they will be available to generations of researchers.
- An advisory committee will meet to review progress and provide advice on future direction.
For more information, please contact Abbie Shelton at firstname.lastname@example.org
If you would like to share material such as photos or videos with the project, you can visit https://saveandsound.wetransfer.com/